Sunday, March 15, 2015

Art Deco Poster- Assignment 17

Art deco poster inspired by an old movie!^.^
Heya guys, ok so during this assignment I had to make an Art Deco styled poster and for me this had to be my second time! So I had several ideas for this but none of them seemed art decoish enough for the assignment. So for three whole days I struggled to get a good idea or stroke of inspiration, but that changed on Friday the 13th were I finally got an idea (that day has always been my lucky day!) that I thought would look really cool! So I decided to do the poster based off an old movie I saw when I was 5 years old and it's like a twist on Romeo and Juliet! So I watched the movie to make sure I had the look of the characters correct so that way it would come out nice! I used Illustrator to draw them up and made sure to do somethings differently to symbolize shadows or highlights. It took a while to get Prince Sirius done since I was having some technical difficulty with his hair which was giving me problems. After I drew them both I went ahead and decided to add some highlight or art deco styled lights, and with some amazing words of advice I put them on opposite sides to represent the love they have for each other! Last I took it into InDesign and put in some art deco text and then I went ahead and printed it! I have to say I love how this turned out, especially since I went through a big stump before I got this idea! I have to say that art deco is not my style of art that I like (because for some reason I can't comprehend how to do something simple...don't ask me why) but hopefully I will learn to do this with ease in the future!^.^
P.S. Thanks Brian for putting up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment