Friday, January 23, 2015

Fonts Pt. 1 Capitals- Assignment 4

My elegant capital font I designed!

So in this assignment I had to create my own font, well I got an idea and I really wanted a fancy and elegant font that was unique. I found some Illustrator brushes and began drawing every letter by hand on my drawing tablet, which I rarely use. It was a long process due to the fact that all the the letters had to be preserved, put into a font sheet, and then uploaded into Font Creator. I had an especially hard time drawing the letters O, Q, and U they would come out so funky and I didn't like it at all, but I finally got a look that I liked the most. Otherwise I think this was interesting since I now know what it's like to make font by hand and I will say I'm not sure if I would do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment